TS06: Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control (HIRAC)
A critical element of your Safety Management System (SMS) in assuring maximum safety levels is the ability to identify hazards and to evaluate and control your risks. This workshop will show you how to take a proactive and structured approach and increase your skills in identifying hazards and evaluating risk before an event or incident becomes reality.
- The regulatory context of risk assessment and its significance in an effective Safety Management System
- Identifying hazards and threats
- Analysing and calculating risk; the use of risk matrices
- Developing robust control and mitigation strategies to increase safety levels
- Delivering a realistic picture of organisational risk to secure effective management decisions
Benefits of Attending
- Reduced corporate exposure to risk by effectively and proactively identifying your hazards and risks
- Increased safety levels by rationalising your risks so that you act on the most significant first
- The capacity to provide your Safety Management System (SMS) with the ‘fuel’ it needs to become an effective business tool
- Improved regulatory confidence in your ability to manage safety
Who Should Attend
Advanced practitioners responsible for managing the safety system and/or those responsible for hazard and risk identification within the business, specifically:
- Safety Managers
- Flight Safety Officers
- Quality Assurance/Control Specialists
- Shift Controllers
- Line Managers
- Inspectors and Supervisors
- Operations Directors and Managers
Practitioner Level Training (P)
Suitable for those who have worked in the subject for some time, are familiar with core terminologies and concepts and are looking to develop or update their level of knowledge and practical understanding.
Related Courses for Competence Development
TS02: Practical Application of Safety Management Systems (SMS)
TS01: Safety Management Systems (SMS) - Fundamentals for Managers
Please download the Course Information pdf for full course details.
Alternatively, contact our Training Advisor on +44 (0)1276 859 519 or email: email@example.com for more assistance.