This course provides an introduction and overview to the subject of Air Traffic Service (ATS) Safety Regulation.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at anyone in the Aviation Industry who requires an overall understanding of how ATS Safety Regulation is applied in the United Kingdom. In particular, the course is suitable for representatives from ATS Providers and National Aviation Authorities (NAAs).
The course will include the following topics:
• The reason for ATS safety regulation.
• Air Law, International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), European Union, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and Eurocontrol.
• UK legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Organisation of CAA Air Traffic Standards and the role of the ATS Inspector.
• Requirements for the certification and oversight of ATS providers and Air Traffic Controller (ATC) training organisations.
• SMS, Risk Assessments, Incident Investigation, and Safety Performance Indicators.
• Licensing of ATS personnel.
Applicants should have an understanding of the role of ATS.